Successfully shaping the future of the company
Digitization is changing the way teams collaborate: more connected, self-organized and interactive. Motivating employees and enabling teams to redesign their processes and work processes and to manage them themselves becomes the central task of leadership. Agile leadership can provide the necessary impulses for cultural change:
- Participatory communication at eye level
- Create open spaces and development opportunities
- Employ employees where they bring the greatest benefit and feel good
- Create a cultural identity that is based on agile values and
- Transforms the company into the Digital Leader of the industry
Give employees the perspective to help shape digitization and understand the challenge as a personal opportunity
- Make employees aware that social skills such as teamwork, creativity, self-responsibility and lifelong learning are even more important than before, and that only on the basis of these competencies can a higher self-determination be achieved.
To see these relationships and to design a tailor-made agile management concept is the strategic task of leadership. Assisting executives in this task was the goal of developing the Agile Leadership Canvas.
Leading in the Digital Age
Three main tasks
- Communicating the opportunities of digitization and the importance for the company and the jobs.
- Building agile team structures for greater flexibility and fast time-to-market.
- Coaching teams from self-organization to the implementation of digital technologies.
For all three tasks, additional knowledge, skills and methods are required for the change process to succeed. The sooner managers deal with the topic and its extended role, the more stress-free the implementation can be.
Digitalisation does not focus on digital technologies but on people. For major change projects, one can assume that they are not supported by all managers and employees. In some companies, the biggest challenge may be to get the vast majority of stakeholders to digitize. Perhaps some opinion leaders do not recognize the benefits and opportunities and are afraid of losing their power, position and a hitherto well-defined environment. Agile leadership starts right here: taking all people, understanding their worries and fears and finding ways together so that no one sees themselves as a loser of change, but that everyone is motivated to contribute and help, the future of the company and jobs not only to secure, but also to make the work environment more interesting and meaningful. The digital transformation will change the culture of the company: collaboration, transparency, mutual trust and motivation for change, team empowerment, self-organized processes and in-service learning.
To build this “big picture", this tangible vision of an agile company in the minds of executives and employees, the Agilyzer team has developed agile models, frameworks and Canvasse that enable structured communication. The advantage of visualization is the simplification of complexity and the resulting CLARITY for implementation. Clarity on the implementation is so important because the participants not only want to know which personal changes result from the transformation and which opportunities and risks are associated with it, but in particular what contribution they can make. Clarity leads to more confidence and based on trust the transformation can be implemented much faster and more successfully.